Protect yourself and your loved one with sound legal planning
Gay and lesbian couples have gained a lot of legal ground in recent years. Although same-sex marriage is legal across the U.S., laws governing civil unions and domestic partnerships continue to vary from state to state.
It’s still important to define your relationship in the eyes of the law―and A Legal Guide for Lesbian & Gay Couples can help. This plain-English guide shows you how to:
- have and raise children through adoption, donors, surrogacy, or foster parenting
- jointly buy a house or other property
- make decisions about living together, marrying, or registering as legal partners
- make a will or living trust
- make medical decisions for each other, and
- deal with the end of a relationship.
The 19th edition is completely revised to provide the latest on same-sex relationships and parentage laws.