Have you always wanted to play guitar? Who wouldn't? Think of Jimi Hendrix wailing away on his Stratocaster. . . Chuck Berry duck-walking across the stage to "Johnny B. Goode". . .B.B. King making his "Lucille" cry the blues. No doubt about it—guitars are cool.
Guitar For Dummies 2nd Edition tells you everything a beginning or intermediate guitarist needs to know: from buying a guitar to tuning it, playing it, and caring for it, this book has it all—and you don't even need to know how to read music. Full of photo-illustrated exercises and songs you can play to practice the techniques discussed in each section, this step-by-step guide will take you through the basics and beyond before you can say "Eric Clapton." You'll learn how to:
- Match yourself with the guitar and equipment that fits your needs and budget
- Select the right accessories: amps, picks, pedals, capos, cases, and other goodies
- Pick and strum to produce a clean, clear, buzz-free tone
- Know whether you're really in tune
- Play melodies without reading music
- Perform basic guitar maintenance and repairs
- Build strength and dexterity while playing
- Play in different styles, including rock, blues, folk, jazz, and classical
- Make your guitar talk with bends and slides!
Fully revised and updated, with an all new interactive CD that allows readers to listen, learn, tune, and play along, Guitar For Dummies 2nd Edition is the perfect introductory guide for any novice acoustic or electric guitar player.
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.